Our commitment to privacy
For the purpose of Privacy Act 1993, data controller of this website is Matthew Russell (also referred to herein as “Matt”, ‘we’, ‘us’). Officials for this site can be contacted via the contact section on the Website.
We respect the privacy of each user accessing the Website (‘you’, ‘your’) and is committed to protecting your privacy. We have structured the Website in a way so that, in general, you can visit and browse the Website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Matt ensures that any personal information provide by you to us will be processed in accordance with the relevant Personal information Protection Act.
The privacy laws of the New Zealand outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting Users’ personal information.
Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information and allowing our Users’ to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
Collection of your information
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify the User or any entity including, but not limited to, Name, telephone number, e-mail address, street address, occupation, and/or industry.
Contact information means information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business and includes name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number.
By giving personal information, the User gives Matt consent to collect and use it in accordance with this agreement.
How do we collect your Personal Information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- Submit a request form that is an enquiry about or request for one of our products or services. Subsequently, when you submit any contact form that is found on the site
- Ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists
- Visit our web site
We may also use the web traffic that you generate to monitor the site. For example we may use it to see how long certain pages are looked at, how long in general you are on the site etc.. These are used purely to help us increase user satisfaction, and at no point will we be identifying you as the user.
Matt is the sole owner of information collected on this website. We may collect and use information about you that is publicly available on other websites too. We may collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify identity;
- To identify user preferences;
- To deliver requested services;
- To process an appraisal;
- To send out new offerings;
- To contact our users;
- To ensure a high standard of service to our users;
- To meet regulatory requirements;
Using and Disclosing of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site to: prepare your appraisal; resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; measure user interest in our services, inform you about online and offline offers, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect you against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our User Agreement; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and offerings, and customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
You agree that we may share/disclose your personal information in accordance with the 12 principles of the Privacy Act 0f 1993. Some examples include but are not limited to:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted by you or required by law;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a facebook api);
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud;
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
How long we keep your Personal Data
We keep your personal information usually up to for a period of Six (06) Months or for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. If you want to access your personal data at any time, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
However, where legally required, we will store your personal data, even when an account is cancelled, or closed due to inactivity.
Accuracy of your Personal Data
- We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that Users’ personal information is accurate and complete. If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we may correct the information as required and send the corrected information to back to you if required.
- Users’ may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. The same will be corrected/updated within a reasonable time.
Security of your personal data
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- In addition we will use appropriate security measures when destroying User’s personal information such as shredding documents, deleting electronically stored information.
- We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Your Information and your activities on the Site shall not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- be fraudulent;
- infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising);
- be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- be obscene or contain child pornography or, if otherwise adult in nature or harmful to minors, shall be posted only in the Mature Audiences section and shall be distributed only to people legally permitted to receive such content;
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- If you have technical problems, questions or other issues related to our use of your personal information, please click the link Contact Us link of this website. You can also contact Matt at email@example.com who is/are responsible for ensuring our compliance with this policy.
- Matt will respond to all requests sent through email from Users interested in knowing more about what personal information is stored on this database, or if they want their personal information nullified, or have additional questions regarding privacy.